Monica Dawn Coots
1507 Kildeer Dr.
Round Lake, IL 60073
- To work in a fast paced office environment with room to move up in a exciting, socially responsible company
College Of Lake County, IL.- Computer Science Major, GPA 3.73
Columbia College, Chicago, IL. - Graphic Arts, GPA 4.0
Round Lake Senior High, IL - 1994 Graduate, Honors Classes
Staff Accountant,Cote & Wright
April 2000 - October 20001
Temp. Employee, PTI
- Responsible for 9 computers in 2 offices for a busy accounting firm.
- Answered phones, took messages, made appointments, also helped clients with various Electronic Filing problems.
- Compiled data for the CPA's to do the monthly statements for clients
- Used Office 2000 software, Quickbooks, TAASC, Windows 98, Novell and various accounting programs
June 1998 - April 2000
Computer Lab Asst., College of Lake County
- Work at various assignments including mailroom, catalog design, receptionist and general office relief.
- Used Office 2000 products, 4D a design program, operated a Pitney Bowes Automated Mailmeter
January 1997 - May 1998
Manager, KidZone Gift Shop, Round Lake, IL.
- Responsible for 48 computers in 2 labs on campus, help students with software applications.
- Correct network problems, retrieve lost files.
- Assist students and fauclty with internet, WWW, and network
- Used PowerPoint, Windows 95, Excel, Word, Lotus 1-2-3, Netscape and CorelDraw
August 1992 - January 1997
Asst. Manager, Spark Jewelry, Gurnee Mills, IL.
- Duties included customer service, retail sales, using computer software to create personalized books
- inventory, stocking, cashier, bank deposits, general running of the store
- Representing the store at various expos and Trade shows in the Chicagoland area
Sept. 1995 - June 1996
Camp Counselor, Girl Scouts, IL Cross Roads Council
- Managed the store in the evenings and weekends in Gurnee Mills,
- Customer service, sales of precious gems, cashier, inventory, cleaning customers jewelry, banking,
- daily totals of sales, answering questions or complaints customers had, where
- just a few of the duties performed in this fast paced job
June 1996 - Aug. 1996
- Responsible for the care and welfare of a group of campers in a residental camp setting.
- I had to plan and care out activities and trips for the campers.
- I have been employed at the camp for the past three summers.
Music Director, WCLC college radio station, Sept. 1995 to June 1995
Disk Jockey, WCLC, college radio station, Sept. 1995 to present
Vice President, Spectrum Organization, CLC, January 1997 to present
National Honors Society, RLHS, September 1993 to June 1994
Member, Computer Club, CLC, September 1995 to June 1996